ASME V&V Workshop – April 7th 2021
ASME V&V 40 Virtual Workshop
Assessing Credibility of Computational Modeling and Simulation Results through Verification and Validation: Application to Medical Devices. April 7, 20211:00 PM-5:30 PM
ASME V&V 40 — Assessing Credibility of Computational Modeling and Simulation Results through Verification and Validation: Application to Medical Devices, was published in 2018 to support the credible use of modeling and simulation within the medical device industry. This standard was developed through close collaboration between medical device developers, regulatory agencies, and other device industry stakeholders, and provides modelers in the medical device industry with a framework for establishing model credibility requirements.
This introductory workshop will provide an overview of the standard and highlight its key tenets through a few medical device examples and active breakout discussions.
Instructors are members from the ASME V&V 40 Subcommittee:
- Jeff Bischoff from Zimmer Biomet, V&V 40 Chair
- Marc Horner from ANSYS, V&V 40 Vice-Chair
- Payman Afshari from Depuy Synthes, V&V 40 Vice-Chair
- Kate Hyam from ASME, Project Engineering Manager and V&V 40 Secretary
- Mehul Dharia, Zimmer Biomet
- Mark Goodin, SimuTech Group, Inc.
- Brandon Lurie, W.L. Gore & Associates
- Kenny Aycock, US FDA
The online V&V 40 Workshop will be held via Zoom on April 7, 2021 from 1:00-5:30 PM EDT.